Here are the relevant cyber security updates as on date. We hope our readers would find these updates useful.
(1) CISPA: In United States, proposed law named cyber intelligence sharing and protection act (CISPA) is making rounds. The White House has threatened to veto the CISPA if Congress approves it in its current form. The future development in this regard would be interesting.
(2) Telecom Security Directorate: Centre is planning to set up a telecom security directorate of India. This is a good initiative and we hope this would not be another declaration.
(3) Cyber Security Best Practices: Perry4Law Organisation and Perry4Law’s Techno Legal Base (PTLB) have provided the exclusive cyber security best practices of India. They are really impressive and comprehensive in nature and must be adopted by Indian government with immediate effect.
(4) Metasploit 4.6.0 Released: The Metasploit version 4.6.0 has been released by Rapid7. This is must have tool for cyber security and penetration testing professionals.
(5) Airline Compromise: The airline pilot flight systems and communications can be compromised. As per a report it is possible that airline pilot flight systems and communications can be compromised and controlled with android smartphone and customised attack code. However, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) strongly denied that the alleged smartphone airplane hack can work on real planes.
(6) Cyber Security Brochures: The cyber security awareness brochures in India have been mooted by Indian government. However, the manufacturers' association for information technology (MAIT) and other hardware manufacturers associations are not happy with the idea and are labeling it as burdensome and unproductive.
(7) NCIPC Of India: The national critical information infrastructure protection centre (NCIPC) of India has been proposed by Indian government in the past. However, till now the NCIIPC of India has failed to materialise in India.
(8) India And Cyber Security: The international community is increasingly considering India as an important player in ensuring international cyber security and preventing global cyber crimes. India has to meet these expectations in the best possible manner.
(9) Kochi Metro Site Cracked: The Kochi metro rail corporation’s website was cracked and compromised. As on date the websites has been restored back and is working fine.
(10) Huawei’s Troubles: Huawei is trying to inculcate trust among us government over telecom security issues. ZTE and Huawei are in telecom security tangle of India and other countries.